- Incident Management – overview of federal to local structures/frameworks, the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS), legal, regulatory, and ethical considerations, and the healthcare epidemiologist’s role
- Communication, Negotiation, Implementation – guidance from experts in leadership, business, and behavioral science to maximize effectiveness in outbreak preparedness and response
- Horizontal Strategies – resources for triage, surveillance, environmental and administrative controls, and others.
- Emerging Pathogens – tool kits, guidelines, public health alerts, case studies, and other resources for respiratory illnesses, influenza, hemorrhagic fevers, vector-borne illnesses, multidrug-resistant organisms, device-associated infections
- Fillable PDFs – contact lists, resource lists, communication and messaging templates, negotiation and implementation guides, and more
Tool Kit Authors
The SHEA/CDC ORTP is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the tool kits received CDC clearance.